Welcome to my blog, this shows all of our work for the production of the music video 'Insomnia' by the iconic Faithless.

Faithless Insomnia

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Mini-Vid Rough Cut 2




Following the feedback that my fellow group member, Ben received. Through my own independent views i knew that my video could be improved on certain aspects. Bens audience feedback backed up my idea to create a second rough cut as i knew things could be changed on my original rough cut as well as on his.

Therefore, for my second rough cut i aimed to cut down the length of my shots and use relevant effects referring to a pirate theme to link in with the song lyrics. Also i aimed to have more continuity in my editing so the film would run smoothly form each shot.

Audience Feedback (Rough Cut 2)


  • The flashing effect was over used 
  • Diegetic sound needed to be taken off the original clips
  • Callidescope pattern effect was in-effective
  • The slow motion effect was over used apparently 
  • The swinging on the ropes shots were used excessively
From my audience feedback i gained no positive feedback, as this is a second rough cut if i were to consider a third, i am aware of the things that could be improved on my mini-vid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment