Welcome to my blog, this shows all of our work for the production of the music video 'Insomnia' by the iconic Faithless.

Faithless Insomnia

Friday 28 June 2013

Mini-Vid Rough Cut 1

Rough Cut 1



This is my first rough cut. As we were all in a group we were each asked to produce our own edit of the mini-vid, this was a chance for us to experiment with the different effects available on Final Cut Pro. I thought the footage that we had filmed was of a great quantity however, when it came down to what was actually relevant to our mini-vid we had very little to work with-this was a problem. Nevertheless, i worked with what we had and produced my first rough cut.

Following the audience feedback from one of my group members mini-vid (Bens, which was very similar to mine) I decided that my mini-vid could be improved massively. That is why i produced a second rough cut in my second rough cut i was aiming to achieve:

  • More continuity 
  • Relevant effects
  • Relevant clips
  • Less diegetic sound
From these basic points these were the things that i was going to focus on in my second rough cut in order to improve the quality on my mini-vid as i am un-happy with the quality it is at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment